Concord Public Library – Interesting Things about interesting things….
So many of us know the Concord Main and Fowler library but there is so much you may not know….
How about the Library of Things?
If you are at the Concord Main Library, check out the display by the copy machine, in front of the left end of the circulation desk. You won’t believe it – an impressive array of things to borrow….
The “Library of Things”is a collection of non-traditional library items that you can borrow…
The thing that’s so great about these items is so many of them are things you need to use only once or once in awhile. They can be costly and can take up valuable storage space. A great deal of thought and consideration was put into this collection and wow, are we lucky to have access to it!
Here is a list of Items you can borrow from the Library of Things:
- Amazon Fire TV Stick
- Cordless Photo & Notebook Scanner
- GoPro Hero (2018) Camera
- LED Projector
- Portable Record Player
- Region Free DVD Player
- Dash & Dot
- Cassette to MP3 Converter
- Digital Voice Recorder
- Film to Digital JPEG Converter
- VHS to Digital Converter
HOME & ASSISTIVE:
- Kill-A-WattTM EZ Meter
- Thermal Leak Detector
- Wi-Fi Hotspot
SCIENCE & TECH / GAMES:
- Scrabble Deluxe Travel Edition
Just think, on one weekend you can gaze through a telescope, convert your VHS tapes, figure out why you’re heating bill is outrageous and learn to code – all without leaving Concord or spending a dime!
Some other things you may not know about the library…
- 1,050 people visit each day
- In 2019 there was an 11% increase in circulation for teens and a 36% increase in total programs – they sure are doing something right!
- Pageviews on website: 1,373,980
- Facebook average post reach: 307
- Twitter average impressions per day: 850
- In 2019 FaceBook doubled and Twitter tripled
Did you know these things are happening in March:
- Food for Fines 2020 from Monday, March 23 to Sunday, March 29. The Concord Free Public Library will partner with Concord’s Open Table community supper and food pantry services to offer a week-long Food for Fines Program. For each non-perishable item donated the Library will waive $1.00 in overdue fines. How great is that?
- Music from the Library: American Brass QuintetMusic from the Library Series will present American Brass Quintet on Saturday, March 21, 2020, 7:30 p.m. in the Main Library Rotunda. Generously sponsored by The Friends of the Concord Free Public Library. Free admission. Advance registrations are required. What a great way to kick off spring!
- Friday Flicks @ Fowler 2020 celebrates Germany through film from January 17 to March 20. This program is sponsored by The Friends of the Concord Free Public Library. Free admission. Open to the public.
- Poetry at the Library will present Sara London & DeWitt Henry: Reading and Talk About the Literary Self as Writer and Editor on Sunday, March 8, 2020 at 3:00 p.m. in the Periodical Room. This free event is sponsored by the Friends of the Concord Free Public Library. Open to all.
So many things we love about the Concord Public Library and so many wonderful reasons to visit. Be sure to check out the Library of Things next time you are there!