Concord-based LookUp.live has partnered once again with the creators of the Netflix docudrama, The Social Dilemma, to host its second Youth4Youth iSummit, October 14-17 – featuring several Concord speakers.
Digital natives are tired of being the guinea pig for big tech companies and are taking their message to the global stage. More than 100 youth speakers are confirmed to speak on topics ranging from digital addiction, suicide, ethical AI, sexual exploitation, and the undeniable impact of Instagram on girls’ mental health.
The Y4Y iSummit is a catalyst for uniting, amplifying, and mobilizing youth advocates and their allies who are taking bold actions to create a healthy, more inclusive, and ethical digital world. Last year, representatives from 38 countries attended what is believed to be the largest known gathering of youth changemakers committed to reimagining and redesigning a digital world in which young people can genuinely thrive. Hosted LIVE from the U.S (Concord), the UK, and India, attendance at this year’s event is expected to double.
Some big names have stepped up to support and amplify the movement, including:
– English Premier League star, Nedum Onuoha, who will discuss social media and racism
– Deval Patrick, Co-Chair of the Future of Tech Commission and former Governor of Massachusetts, will lead a discussion and Q&A with youth leaders
– Marissa Meizz, Tik Tok influencer and founder of No More Lonely Friends will discuss the need for face-to-face human connection
– Senator Edward Markey will issue a call to political action and support for the KIDS Act
– Amanda LaCount, hip hop dancer, choreographer, model, and influencer, will discuss her body positivity movement to #breakthestereotype
– Jenk Oz, UK-based activist, social entrepreneur, and influencer will discuss the power of “clicktivism” and the true ability of a “like” to change the world
Tickets are limited, so register to attend today by visiting www.lookup.live/y4ysummit
We hope to see you on the global stage!