Dear Friends and neighbors,
On behalf of the Kicks for Cancer 2020 Committee, we are reaching out to ask for your support! It is important and will make a difference in our collective fight against cancer. And as cancer research doesn’t take a break during a pandemic, neither does Kicks for Cancer!
Kicks for Cancer is an annual event held at Concord-Carlisle High School that has been raising funds for women’s cancer research and ovarian cancer research for 14 years. The event began in honor of Lois Wells of Concord, MA, who passed away from ovarian cancer in 2007. It honors all those affected by cancer in our community and beyond and has raised over $490,000 to fund research.
Normally, Kicks is an all-day soccer and field hockey tournament at CCHS; however, this year, due to health and safety concerns, the event will be virtual. We believe our presence in the community is more important than ever this year! Here is how you can help support Kicks:
- Kicks Lawn Signs: Join the community and purchase a Kicks lawn sign. Signs are $25 each and come in pink or teal. Honor a loved one by writing their name on the back. Sign pick-up is at Emerson Field in Concord on Saturday, September 19th from 10am – 2pm.
- Kicks Merchandise: Get your kicks on by shopping for Kicks merchandiseincluding shirts, lanyards, car magnets, scarves, and headbands.
- Donate: Please consider making a Kicks donation. Any amount is greatly appreciated!
- Visit our website: Check out Kicks player “shirt stories,” alumni memories, and the history of Kicks to learn more.
- Sponsor: Do you know any local businesses that would like to help sponsor Kicks? The company’s logo will appear on our Kicks website, social media, email marketing, and press coverage. Please contact: Trish Siefer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kicks for Cancer continues to partner with The Mighty Moose event to fuel funding for ovarian cancer research. You can hear the backstory and impact of funding from Dr. Kevin Elias here. “Philanthropy is vital to helping move this work forward.”
Thank you for helping us keep the Kicks for Cancer tradition alive in our community!
The Kicks for Cancer 2020 Committee