Adult, Teen, Youth, Mulitgenerational, free @ Home Activities
Until we are able to safely resume in-person arts education classes and workshops, most of our programming will be offered through The Umbrella @ Home, where we intend to offer the best possible online arts education experiences that you have come to expect. We will be adding online arts instruction opportunities, as well as free at-home DIY creative activities and artists demos on a rolling basis, so please check back frequently or subscribe to our newsletter.
Additionally, we are now offering curbside clay purchasing and firing through The Umbrella! For more information on our curbside clay policies, go to our Ceramics @Home page!
More Information About Online Arts Education with The Umbrella @ Home
- We have invested in setting up Google Classroom for The Umbrella. With few exceptions, like Zoom, most art experiences will be set up in and conducted through Google Classroom.
- We have detailed step-by-step instructions available for the initial set up to help anyone access the art education experiences.
- We are anticipating running 2-month online semesters with classes running no more than 6 weeks. See projected schedule below.
- We are offering a wide variety of classes that meet regularly, workshops that meet once or twice, and art activities that can be downloaded and viewed on demand.
- We are working to make the online art experience at The Umbrella of the highest possible quality, secure, easy, affordable and a great way to connect with the community of other artists.
- We are working with some of your favorite teachers including: Mike Roche, Elizabeth Noonan, Becky Bearse, Renu Goyal, Lois Andersen, Kat O’Connor, Gillian Fraiser, Joy Buell, Alex Salzberg, Janet Scudder, Sarah Scoville, Alicia Herman, CC King, Sarah Bettencourt, and more.
- For more information, check out The Umbrella @Home’s Frequently Asked Questions page.
Projected Schedule of Online Arts Education 2020-2021
- Winter 2021 Session: January/February – Registration opens early Dec
- Spring 2021 Session I: March/April – Registration opens early Feb
- Spring 2021 Session II: May/June – Registration opens early April
Classes will be held virtually using Zoom and Google Classroom depending on the teacher’s preference. Some classes will include 1 or 2 field trips to local Concord-area conservation land, where students will practice the skills they learn virtually. During these field trips, everyone will be required to wear a mask and appropriately social distance. Any questions about social distancing protocol can send inquiries to Caroline Provost at email@example.com.
To learn more about how to use ZOOM go HERE
Sampling of some online classes on the schedule:
- Approaches to the Figure
- A New Year, A Bolder Brush
- Ring in the New Year with Pastels: Learn to Paint Fearlessly
- Explore Contemporary Art
- Real Basics and Hands On Color Theory
- Beginner ot Intermediate Drawing from Observation
As we are not able to have groups at the Art Room at this time, and as the pandemic continues and cold weather sets in, we, the staff, volunteers and sponsoring businesses of Art for All, are focusing our efforts on 1) getting art supplies and activities to people in our community who are largely confined to their homes and who have few resources to engage in creative projects and venues, and 2) developing participatory, community art projects that can be seen in the windows of the stores in West Concord Village.
Find out more here about what we are doing now, and how you can participate.
Order ahead online and we will have a bag for you to pick up on the porch of You can pick up on the porch of 21 Winthrop Street. Arrange for a time to pick up using the email on the form.
Tap into your inner phoenix in 2021! Together we will rise from the ashes of an incredibly challenging year. With creative projects! Download an outline of the Phoenix to color in your own for free!
Or to come by the Art Room to pick up a Coloring Kit. Each kit has 2 coloring sheets for the Phoenix as well as a set of 4 coloring cards and a set of 12 crayons for $12, or 2 sheets, 4 coloring cards and a set of 36 colored pencils for $15. Proceeds from sales helps us bring this project to individuals and families who are financially challenged. SIGN UP HERE for a pick up time, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time.
Making and sending greeting cards is a wonderful way to stay creative and connected during this sequestered, pandemic winter.
Make Valentines for ART for ALL’s LOVE for ALL sale in February. Original, handmade cards will be on sale at several of our local retailers in West Concord. Proceeds of sales support the ART for ALL program.