Living Concord is beginning a series of blog posts that highlights and discusses the wonderful non-profit organizations that contribute to our local community.
If you drive down Everett St. in Concord you might notice a small sign that says Open Table. It is a small sign, but the Open Table organization serves a huge need.
Open Table’s mission is to address hunger in our local community by providing healthy food in a welcoming environment while respecting the dignity of those served. They achieve their mission by:
- Serving community meals open to all
- Offering a wide variety of healthy food choices in our market
- Engaging a team of committed and passionate staff and volunteers
Currently Open Table distributes approximately 7000 pounds of food each week and serves 250 meals to guests that come from the Metro West Suburbs and beyond. OpenTable has received an amazing amount of support from the communities it serves through donations of food and funds. This makes it possible to continue to address food insecurity in our region.
Open Table believes people should not be hungry. The organization welcomes neighbors in need by providing healthy food choices with compassion and respect.
Did you Know?
- Open Table spends $.89 of every donated dollar on feeding people?
- Open Table has over 600 volunteers?
- Local Farms like Gaining Ground, Verrill Farm, Drumlin Farm, Barrett’s Mill Farm, and Stone Root Farm donate fresh produce each week (during the growing season) to Open Table for its dinners and pantry?
- The Concord Flower Shop donates fresh flowers each week for the tables at the Concord Open Table dinner?
- Open Table strives to accommodate the following dietary sensitivities and restrictions each week: Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Pork Free, Vegan, and Vegetarian
And coming up on November 3rd is Empty Bowls 2019!
Open Table partners up with Newbury Court and The Umbrella Arts for this fundraising event. Ceramic artists from Newbury Court and The Umbrella Arts are making 400 beautiful bowls. Attend the lunch and make a minimum donation of $25. After lunch, you can take home one of the beautiful bowls. 100% of the proceeds will go to Open Table.
For more information please visit https://www.livingconcord.com/event/empty-bowls-art-fundraiser-against-hunger/