Verrill Farm hosted its 12 Annual Stone Soup Farm to Table Event this Sunday and Mother Nature was there to support it. It was a beautiful evening to spend time with friends while enjoying incredible food, music, and drinks.
This event supports Concord agriculture and 100% of the “profits” are donated to the Concord Agricultural Committee to help keep farming alive and well in Concord.
What’s unique about this event is the food is donated by the Concord farms and then prepared by the local chefs of your favorite restaurants.
Some highlights from this year’s menu include:
- 80 Thoreau: Chilled corn soup with tomato jam and crispy ham
- Adelita: Pollock ceviche with fresh cilantro and peppers
- Concord Market: Salmon and Shrimp poke bowl with cucumber and radishes
- Debra’s Natural Gourmet: Butternut hemp pesto delight
- Fiorella’s: Roasted butternut soup with sage
- Haute Coffee: Tomato gazpacho with corn, peppers, and onion
- Papa Razzi: Braised duck with carrot and sage maltagliati
- ReasonsTo Be Cheerful: Vanilla Ice Cream
- Verrill Farm: Grass fed beef enchiladas wrapped in a white corn tortilla
The local farms participating include:
- Barrett’s Mill Farm
- Brigham Greenhouses
- Hutchins Farm
- Kenney Farm
- Macone Farm
- Marshall Farm
- Saltbox Farm
- Scimone Farm
- Silfer Leaf Farm
- Verrill Farm
Other participants of the event are The Concord Cheese Shop, Woods Hill Table, and Trail’s End Cafe.
This is an incredible community event that began in 2007. The idea was to celebrate “community, respect for the land, and gratitude for what it provides”. Plus the food is delicious and it’s a lot of fun catching up with neighbors on a Sunday afternoon.
If you missed it, mark your calendar for next year’s Stone Soup Farm to Table Event!