https://www.livingconcord.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Concord_town_line_sign_Massachusetts-scaled-e1585002603733.jpg 1330 1570 admin https://www.livingconcord.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/logo_living_concord-300x71.png admin2020-03-23 18:30:232020-03-24 15:26:21Hunkering down at home ....
It’s Monday … Let’s start off the week with a list of terrific resources…
Some of our readers shared some of these. Keep sending suggestions to us!
Stay Active + Wellness
- Take a hike! Check out Mass Trails and All Trails
- On the Mat Yoga is offering free online yoga classes while its studios are closed.
- Fhitting Room App [ondemand.fhittingroom.com] now has a free 30 day trial for bootcamp style classes.
- Peloton [onepeloton.com] is offering a free 90 day trial for its app (equipment not necessary for many of its videos!)
- Runner’s World has tips on how to run outside [runnersworld.com] while still practicing social distancing
Food + Cooking
- Check out what local restaurants / specialty food stores are open and have take out menus available
- Free cooking classes [177milkstreet.com] posted by Milk Street cooking school to perfect your knife skills
- Massimo Bottura, as featured on Chef’s Table, is posting daily #kitchenquarantine [instagram.com] videos on his instagram with cooking Q&A
- Unsure of what to make with all of your shelf stable products? Here [escoffieronline.com] are a few apps and websites where you can find recipes based off of what you have in your cabinets
- Craft.ed has some of their favorite projects available in kits to craft at home
- Albright Art Supply has a wide array of art supplies and activities you can order over the phone and pick up at door.
- Art & learning at home
- Kids’ crafts
- NPR [npr.org] has an extensive list of concerts that is updated daily across all genres
- Vulture [vulture.com] also has a running list of concerts that can be watched on Instagram Live, Facebook, or YouTube
- Stay At Home Fest [stayathomefest.com] has a calendar of concerts – sign up to receive daily email updates as well!
- Spotify has cultivated the “Most Relaxing Playlist in the World [open.spotify.com]” for us to unwind
- Visit The Umbrella Virtual Gallery
- Visit National Parks [artsandculture.withgoogle.com] without the fear of being eaten by a bear
- The Met Opera [metopera.org] is posting daily operas to enjoy
- Three virtual tours of exhibits at The Louvre [louvre.fr]
- Google Arts & Culture [artsandculture.google.com] has over 2,500 museum tours!
- Visit one of the Seven Wonders of the World and tour the Great Wall of China [thechinaguide.com]
- Visit Museum of Natural History https://naturalhistory.si.edu/visit/virtual-tour
- Stay calm while watching the Monterey Bay [montereybayaquarium.org] in real time or have some fun while watching sea otters [montereybayaquarium.org] frolic
Stay home and be well!