Our beloved, family-favorite holiday event is back!
Experience all the joys of Christmas through seasonal sights, scents, and sounds within the festive, tastefully decorated Alcott home as our Annual Holiday Living History Program returns after a three-year absence.
Visit with the Alcotts, their notable neighbors, and faithful friends while they prepare for holiday celebrations. Enjoy interacting with Living History portrayers as they share Alcott traditions, and savor the cozy, fun-loving ambiance of the household from days gone by. Music and singing, theatricals and tableaux, along with take-home activities and mementos are all part of this heartwarming experience.
~ Reservations are strongly urged as walk-in availability is extremely limited ~
Annual Holiday Living History Program
Saturdays ~ December 9th & 16th ~ 10 am to 5 pm
Sundays ~ December 10th & 17th ~ 1 to 5 pm
Please note that tickets for “An Old-Fashioned Christmas” are non-refundable, but can be re-booked to another date. In the event that inclement weather forces closure of Orchard House, ticketholders will be contacted to make alternate arrangements.
Please also note that during Holiday Program weekends, our regular guided tour format will not be offered and information typically relayed during our tours will not be conveyed. Orchard House will be festively decorated throughout the entire month, and guided tours on all other dates in December can be reserved using our Timed-Entry Admission site.
To Reserve Tickets:
- Select a date and a timeslot first (timeslots are every 20 minutes through 4:30 pm)
- Scroll to review ticketing category choices (Please note that this program is a special event that benefits our educational programming and historic preservation efforts. As such, the only discounts offered are for Senior/College/Youth/Child tickets, the Family Rate, and Sustaining Members.)
- Select your specific tickets; multiple tickets can be purchased with one transaction
- Complete the Contact/Payment information section
- Click the “SUBMIT” button — your reservation will not be processed unless this button is clicked (please be patient; clicking again may result in a duplicate transaction)
- After your transaction is processed, an email confirmation will automatically be sent to you. If you do not readily see that email, please check your Spam/Junk folders.
- For any technical issues with tickets, or to request a re-booking, please email email@example.com