Wednesday, October 31, 2018
10:00 – 2:00
Location: Concord Park, Community Room
68 Commonwealth Ave.
If interested – Please fill out our volunteer application
Join our program team and help deliver nature-based educational and therapeutic programs to at-risk youth, adults and children with disabilities, and elders with dementia, including Alzheimer’s.
The Nature Connection’s traveling programs bring nature’s healing power to facilities throughout Greater Boston including assisted living residences, nursing homes, special needs schools and residential youth programs. Each visit brings new seasonal experience, live animals, and life-changing connections with nature.
We ask volunteers to make a year-long commitment, at least once a month for two hours. Our week-day programs are 1-hour long (with an additional 1/2 hour set-up and 1/2 hour pack-up), and take place between 10am-6pm on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Program site visits are either once a month or every other week. Our client sites are based in Concord, Waltham, Lowell, Bedford, Lexington, Cambridge, Malden, and several other locations throughout MetroWest and Greater Boston.
We are currently looking for volunteers on the:
- 1st Wed. of each month from 10:30 – 12:30 (elders – Malden, MA)
- 2nd Thurs. of each month from 10:30 – 12:30 (elders – Cambridge, MA)
- 3rd Tues. of each month from 1:00 – 3:00 (elders with dementia – Lexington, MA)
- 3rd Wed. of each month from 12:30 – 2:30 (adults with disabilities – Concord, MA)
- 3rd Thurs. of each month from 10:30 – 12:30 (elders with dementia – Concord, MA)
- 4th Thurs. of each month from 1:00 – 3:00 (adults with disabilities – Concord, MA)
Program Volunteers will be trained and supported by our professional staff.
All interested volunteers must fill out the volunteer application on our website:
Additional volunteer opportunities!
The Nature Connection is always seeking volunteers to assist in other ways with our programs, events, and office administration. Opportunities include:
- Volunteer your pets! If you currently own an animal with therapeutic potential and are interested in having your pet “volunteer” we would love to hear from you!
- Photograph or write stories to help document our programs.
- Help with general office tasks and events as your schedule allows.
Volunteer with The Nature Connection and help share nature’s capacity to heal, teach and create joy.
Find out more about The Nature Connection on our website: www.nature-connection.org