The Nature Connection, New England’s premiere provider of therapeutic nature programs for elders with memory loss, including Alzheimer’s, invites you to our free Caregiver Training workshops this fall.
The Power of Nature caregiver training workshop was the most well attended session at last spring’s Alzheimer’s Association, Map Through the Maze conference. Join the hundreds of others by learning how to bring activities to the next level for the elder(s) in your care by incorporating real, touchable, smellable nature!
Open to elder care professionals working in residential, assisted living, and memory care settings; and to family members or friends caring for loved ones facing memory impairment, including Alzheimer’s.
- Through discussion, hands-on practice, and role-playing you will learn:
- “Designed for success” activities for reaching elders with memory impairment;
- How to incorporate sensory and natural materials into the caregiver role;
- Safe handling of natural materials including flowers, herbs, pinecones, sea shells and more;
- Tips on sourcing, preparing and utilizing a wide range of sensory materials;
- Successful practices for safe, yet challenging engagement.
Activity cards and “how to” guidelines provided!
Space is limited/Registration Required
Please register online by clicking here
Tuesday, October 30, 2018
3:00 – 5:00
10 Pelham Road
Thursday, November 8, 2018
3:00 – 5:00
Lexington Community Center
39 Marrett Road