The high cost of long-term care can wipe out a family’s life savings in a short period of time. Unfortunately, many families are faced with this situation, finding themselves at the mercy of an under-funded government Medicaid system with limited choices. Recent legislative changes have created many questions surrounding planning techniques:
- How can I protect my home?
- What is the penalty for giving assets away?
- Are my assets protected if I put them in a trust?
- When is long-term care insurance worthwhile to consider?
- What if my loved one is already in a nursing home, can they still protect their assets?
All of these questions and more will be clearly answered in this very important class.