The Winter season starts after Thanksgiving and runs through February. We typically hold two practices weekly and attend a weekend event.
Winter 2018-’19 – Practice Dates
November: 27, 29
December: 4, 6, 11, 13, 18, 20
January: 2, 3, 8, 10, 15, 17, 22, 24, 29, 31
February: 5, 7, 12, 14
– Newcomers welcome – NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY
– Those who are interested to learn, are always welcome to attend a couple of the practices to see what it’s all about. Please be sure to sign the waiver.
At CCYW we focus on the fundamentals of folk style wrestling while introducing other moves and preparing young wrestlers for a career in a competitive atmosphere.
– Those with busy schedules, please note a wrestler will not ‘fall behind’ if they miss a practice.
– Coaches and high school mentors will teach the fundamentals of wrestling and basic techniques.
Wrestlers should have wrestling shoes and headgear and should wear athletic shorts & a shirt during practice.
– Although shoes are not required in practice, they help agility and will be required in competition.
– Missing headgear will not keep a wrestler off the mat, but should be worn during drills, live wrestling, and competitions.