On Wednesday, April 27th from 7 pm-8:15 pm at Willard Elementary School, Mr. Steve Goldberg, a Holocaust Historian will visit Concord to present his life’s work: My Friend Abe: A Holocaust Survivor’s Story.
Abe’s powerful story of survival during the Holocaust saw him taken from his family in Poland at age 13. For nearly 50 years, Abe did not speak about what happened to him. In the last decade of his life, Abe finally did start telling his story to more than 10,000 people across North Carolina. Though it was painful, Abe kept on telling his story because he felt the world had to know what happened to him, and what can happen when hate and dehumanization go unchecked. Abe sadly passed away in January of 2020 at the age of 91. Before Abe’s passing, he asked Steve to continue telling his story of survival.
1) Attached is the event flyer. You may click on the flyer or use this google form to RSVP to the event.
2) Mr. Goldberg has provided has made the following resources available to us in preparation for his presentation. Please take a couple of minutes to access these resources.
Three short videos:
– A 2-minute clip from local media here of Abe, and his family visiting a Holocaust museum.
– This 45-second clip of Abe introducing himself.
– 5-minute video from Mr. Goldberg, so you can understand some context about the Holocaust.
Please save the date for this powerful upcoming presentation, and be sure to RSVP. We are very fortunate that Mr. Goldberg will be presenting Abe’s story of survival to our school community, as we observe the Jewish Holocaust Remembrance Day (Yom HaShoah, April 27th—28th). Many thanks to Concord parent Robin Grace, for connecting us to Mr. Goldberg. We look forward to seeing you on April 27th at Willard Elementary School (185 Powder Mill Rd, Concord, MA 01742) beginning at 7 pm. There will be light refreshments before (starting at 6:30pm) and after the presentation.