Deciding how and when to claim Social Security is one of the most critical financial decisions a person will make in his or her lifetime. By not understanding the many complex rules surrounding Social Security, you could leave thousands of dollars on the table.
- When should I file for benefits?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of filing at age 62 or deferring to age 70?
- How does the November 2015 change in the rules affect me?
- How can I make sure I am taking advantage of available spousal, survivor or divorced benefits?
- How much of my Social Security will be subject to income tax?
- What potential changes are in store for Social Security and how might they affect my claiming decision?
These questions and many more will be answered in this very important class.