Contactless Curbside Pickup Service
Beginning June 8, 2020, patrons will be able to reserve books and other materials currently available on Concord Free Public Library shelves for pickup at a designated time on a table outside the Sudbury Road entrance to the Main Library. The service will be available Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. – 5:45 p.m. At this time, individual requests will be limited to 10 items per library card. This is a contactless service with materials checked out in advance and clearly labeled with the patron’s name to maintain social distancing protocols and minimize risk. Staff members working in the building will be exercising the same precautions by utilizing masks, gloves and disinfectants to ensure a safe process.
CONTACTLESS CURBSIDE PICKUP INSTRUCTIONS
Step 1: Place your items on hold
- Visit the Minuteman Library Network’s online catalog to search for items currently available at the Concord Free Public Library’s Main Branch and place a request. Please select the pickup location as Concord Main when placing the request.
Step 2: Get notified when your hold is ready
- You will be notified via email or phone when your hold is ready. Wait times for holds placed online are currently longer than usual. Thank you for your patience.
Step 3: Arrange for pickup when your hold is ready
- After you receive notification, visit here to schedule your pickup online, or call us at 978-318-3301. Pickup times are Monday – Friday from 10:00 a.m. until 5:45 p.m. in 15 minute intervals.
Step 4: Come to the Library to pick up your hold
- There will be a table outside the Sudbury Road entrance where library staff will place wrapped items with the name of the patron clearly labeled. Please pick up your hold and avoid touching other bags or surfaces.
- If another patron is at the pickup table please kindly wait to approach until the previous patron has departed.
- If a hold is not picked up, it will be brought inside and you can reschedule another time for the following day.
- All holds will be cancelled if not picked up within 7 days.
Steps the Library is taking to keep the staff, you, and the materials safe –
- There will be signs as well as safe distance markings near the pickup table.
- Returned materials will be quarantined for up to 3 days.
- Library staff will be practicing social distancing and wearing masks and gloves when preparing materials for pickup.
- The outside table will be disinfected at the end of each reservation period.
- If you need a staff member to deliver reserved items to your car due to special circumstances (this includes mobility issues or being in a high-risk category for virus transmission) staff will be wearing masks and gloves. Please help us by opening the car trunk in advance, or if you prefer a staff member can place the bag on the hood of your car where you can retrieve it once the person has stepped away.