Come to The Umbrella’s Open House to celebrate our new gallery and ceramics studios, explore our new Makerspace and workshop spaces, and experience the ongoing transformation of our renovated facilities at 40 Stow Street.
Free, family-friendly activities, exhibits, and winter treats will be available throughout the afternoon.
12:00 – 1:00 – MAKERSPACE COMMUNITY FORUM
Before the Open House begins, please join us at noon to share your thoughts on what programming, equipment, and creative capabilities you would like to see in our new maker classroom, digital arts classroom, and fabrication lab.
1:00-4:00 – OPEN HOUSE DROP-IN ACTIVITIES
Drop-in to any of these fun, family-friendly activities, meet some of our wonderful teachers, and learn about upcoming classes and programs.
* A weaving project for kids in the Makerspace Classroom
* Add to a collaborative clay sculpture in the Ceramics Studio
* Try Lego robotics in the Digital Arts Classroom
* Storytelling in the Musketaquid Room
* SCAVENGER HUNT: Can you find these new –and old—building details?
* Learn more about February and April School Vacation week art programs, Summer camp, Spring 2019 classes for youth and Adults!
* Contribute your ideas and creative program interests for the Makers classrooms to the public forum brainstorm from earlier in the day
* Performing Arts, Past and Future, with Performing Arts Director Brian Boruta
* GALLERY SHOW: “Migration: A curated exhibit of fiber arts”. Join us in our newly renovated Main Gallery for a talk by the curator, Jess Muise, at 1:30 and 2:30.
3:30 – CELEBRATION
Raise a mug to toast the creativity and generosity of our community and get an update on our Building the Arts campaign and expansion project. Warm beverages courtesy of Haute Coffee.
Free and open to the public