Registration Open for 3rd Annual Mighty Moose 5K Walk / Run
Virtual Event September 27- October 11
We are so excited to announce the 3rd Annual Mighty Moose 5k! Yes, our 5k will be different this year, but we’re determined to make it as engaging as ever. Our goals are to keep our community involvement high and raise over $200,000. We ask for your continued support!
Thank You & Progress Update
First, we thank you for your many incredible and generous contributions over the first two years of our 5k. Together, we’ve built the largest independent fundraiser to support ovarian cancer prevention research being conducted by Dr. Elias at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Dr. Chowdury at Dana Farber and their remarkable teams. They continue to make significant progress toward a new ovarian cancer blood screening test which will be the most impactful improvement in ovarian cancer treatment in over 40 years! The test is already available for high-risk women, and, once fully approved for all women, will save the lives of thousands of women every year.
How to Participate In This Year’s Virtual Race
Due to the Covid pandemic, our 3rd Annual Mighty Moose 5k race will look different. This year’s race will be held virtually, which will enable us to include our friends and family both locally and across the globe. Basically, you can run or walk a 5k (or a 1-mile race for young kids – up to you!) whenever and wherever you choose during our designated race window dates.
In addition, we’ve made the following changes to ensure everyone has the opportunity to participate.
- Waived all registration fees for 2020. There will be no registration fee to participate in this year’s race. All you need to do is to register online to participate and fundraise. Please consider a donation during the registration process to help support our mission. To register click here.
- Changed to a virtual format over a two week period starting in late September. The race will be held virtually over a two-week window. You can run or walk a 5k whenever you choose during our designated race window dates. Our race window will start on our original race date of Sunday, September 27 and run through Sunday, October 11. You will receive a digital bib to print and, as we get closer, you’ll receive details regarding how to submit your race time if you choose to do so.
- Created optional individual fundraiser pages. With each registration, an individual fundraising website will be created in your name with default content about our cause. You will have the option to use this page/content to help us raise money via donations for this year’s race. Following your registration, you will receive an email with details regarding how you can customize your page, including ideas for soliciting donations and increasing your fundraising goal.
- Introduced option for creating or joining a fundraising team. During the registration process, you will also have the option to create your own fundraising team or join an existing fundraising team. This will enable you to pull a group together to raise money as a team to support our cause. This is a great opportunity to join your neighbors, gather your family and friends, re-engage with college buddies, or contacts from your past. How about a team of work colleagues or maybe your kids want to gather teammates, school friends, or extended family?
- Included a “donation only” option. For those who are not interested in fundraising or participating in the race but want to support this critically important mission to prevent ovarian cancer, we included an option for a direct donation through the online registration process or click here to donate.
- Signature Nike running hats available for purchase. This year, our signature Mighty Moose 5k Nike Running hats will be available for sale at Brine’s Sporting Goods in Concord or online starting Monday, August 17 for $25. Currently, there are a limited number of White and Blue hats with additional hats to be delivered shortly, including a new charcoal color. Please visit Brine’s on Main Street in Concord or you can go Online to order hats.
Although you are not required to join a team and fundraise, we highly encourage you to join or form one and have fun with it! We’d love to see some friendly competition between teams to see who can raise the most money and have the most donors. We will also have awards for individual fundraisers!
We hope you’ll join us, invite others, help us fundraise, or consider a donation.
Let’s do this! Click here to register and learn more.
The Mighty Moose Team